Life Saving Surgery
For a small additional premium per horse, as an extension to your mortality policy; we can give life saving surgery costs, up to a limit of £5,000 per horse.
Summary of Cover:
It covers emergency costs of the life saving operation under general anaesthetic.
After care fees – but limited to 50% of the cost of the surgery, for 15 days from the first surgical procedure.
This cover has a deductible for each claim.
What are the key conditions you should know?
You must, within 30 days of the surgery, provide:
- A report by the veterinary surgeon who operated on the horse detailing the illness and surgical treatment carried out, and
- Copies of all invoices.
What isn’t covered
- Surgical procedures unless in a recognised Equine Veterinary Hospital.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions.
- Any examination, medication or treatment unless in conjunction with the insured life saving surgery.
- Any surgical procedure not performed under general anaesthesia.
- Any elective or voluntary surgery.
- Any post mortem expenses or procedures.
- Any animal under 6 months or over 15 years.