Colic Surgery Costs Extension
The average colic operation costs of £3,000-£5,000. Is this something you have budgeted for in your costs of owning a horse?
For a small additional premium per horse, as an extension to your mortality policy; we can give colic surgery costs only, up to a limit of £5,000 per horse.
Summary of Cover:
- It covers emergency colic surgery costs of the operation under general anaesthetic.
- After care for 15 days from the first surgical procedure.
- Transit to and from the veterinary hospital in relation to the colic surgery.
- This cover has a deductible for each occurrence of colic.
What are the key conditions you should know?
You must, within 30 days of the surgery, provide:
- A report by the veterinary surgeon who operated on the horse detailing the illness and surgical treatment carried out, and
- Copies of all invoices.
What isn’t covered?
- Surgical procedures unless in a recognised Equine Veterinary Hospital.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions.
- Any examination, medication or treatment unless in conjunction with the colic surgery.
- Any surgical procedure not performed under general anaesthesia.
- Any elective or voluntary surgery.
- Post mortem procedures, fees or costs associated with the colic surgery.